Chaplain Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChaplainDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A clergyman who is officially attached to the army or navy, to some public institution, or to a family or court, for the purpose of performing divine service.
- (n.) An ecclesiastic who has a chapel, or who performs religious service in a chapel.
- (n.) Any person (clergyman or layman) chosen to conduct religious exercises for a society, etc.; as, a chaplain of a Masonic or a temperance lodge.
• ChaplaincyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office, position, or station of a chaplain.