Chartering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CharteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Charter
• CharterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An instrument in writing, from the sovereign power of a state or country, executed in due form, bestowing rights, franchises, or privileges.
- (n.) The letting or hiring a vessel by special contract, or the contract or instrument whereby a vessel is hired or let; as, a ship is offered for sale or charter. See Charter party, below.
- (n.) An act of a legislative body creating a municipal or other corporation and defining its powers and privileges. Also, an instrument in writing from the constituted authorities of an order or society (as the Freemasons), creating a lodge and defining its powers.
- (v. t.) To establish by charter.
- (n.) A special privilege, immunity, or exemption.
- (n.) A written evidence in due form of things done or granted, contracts made, etc., between man and man; a deed, or conveyance.
- (v. t.) To hire or let by charter, as a ship. See Charter party, under Charter, n.