Cheering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CheeringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cheer
• CheerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To grow cheerful; to become gladsome or joyous; -- usually with up.
- (n.) That which promotes good spirits or cheerfulness; provisions prepared for a feast; entertainment; as, a table loaded with good cheer.
- (n.) Gayety; mirth; cheerfulness; animation.
- (n.) Feeling; spirit; state of mind or heart.
- (n.) A shout, hurrah, or acclamation, expressing joy enthusiasm, applause, favor, etc.
- (v. t.) To infuse life, courage, animation, or hope, into; to inspirit; to solace or comfort.
- (v. t.) To salute or applaud with cheers; to urge on by cheers; as, to cheer hounds in a chase.
- (v. i.) To utter a shout or shouts of applause, triumph, etc.
- (v. t.) To cause to rejoice; to gladden; to make cheerful; -- often with up.
- (v. i.) To be in any state or temper of mind.
- (n.) The face; the countenance or its expression.
• CheeringlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a manner to cheer or encourage.