Chisel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChiselDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cut close, as in a bargain; to cheat.
- (v. t.) To cut, pare, gouge, or engrave with a chisel; as, to chisel a block of marble into a statue.
- (n.) A tool with a cutting edge on one end of a metal blade, used in dressing, shaping, or working in timber, stone, metal, etc.; -- usually driven by a mallet or hammer.
• ChiselingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chisel
• ChisellingDefinition & Meaning in English
- () of Chisel