Ciphering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CipheringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cipher
• CipherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A combination or interweaving of letters, as the initials of a name; a device; a monogram; as, a painters cipher, an engravers cipher, etc. The cut represents the initials N. W.
- (n.) A character in general, as a figure or letter.
- (n.) A private alphabet, system of characters, or other mode of writing, contrived for the safe transmission of secrets; also, a writing in such characters.
- (v. t.) To decipher.
- (v. i.) To use figures in a mathematical process; to do sums in arithmetic.
- (a.) Of the nature of a cipher; of no weight or influence.
- (v. t.) To get by ciphering; as, to cipher out the answer.
- (v. t.) To designate by characters.
- (n.) A character  which, standing by itself, expresses nothing, but when placed at the right hand of a whole number, increases its value tenfold.
- (v. t.) To write in occult characters.
- (n.) One who, or that which, has no weight or influence.