Circle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CircleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Indirect form of words; circumlocution.
- (n.) A circular group of persons; a ring.
- (n.) An instrument of observation, the graduated limb of which consists of an entire circle.
- (n.) A round body; a sphere; an orb.
- (n.) To move around; to revolve around.
- (n.) Compass; circuit; inclosure.
- (n.) A territorial division or district.
- (n.) A series ending where it begins, and repeating itself.
- (n.) A form of argument in which two or more unproved statements are used to prove each other; inconclusive reasoning.
- (n.) To encompass, as by a circle; to surround; to inclose; to encircle.
- (v. i.) To move circularly; to form a circle; to circulate.
- (n.) A company assembled, or conceived to assemble, about a central point of interest, or bound by a common tie; a class or division of society; a coterie; a set.
- (n.) The line that bounds such a figure; a circumference; a ring.
- (n.) A plane figure, bounded by a single curve line called its circumference, every part of which is equally distant from a point within it, called the center.
• CirclerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mean or inferior poet, perhaps from his habit of wandering around as a stroller; an itinerant poet. Also, a name given to the cyclic poets. See under Cyclic, a.