Coil Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A series of connected pipes in rows or layers, as in a steam heating apparatus.
- (n.) A noise, tumult, bustle, or confusion.
- (n.) A ring, series of rings, or spiral, into which a rope, or other like thing, is wound.
- (n.) Fig.: Entanglement; toil; mesh; perplexity.
- (v. t.) To wind cylindrically or spirally; as, to coil a rope when not in use; the snake coiled itself before springing.
- (v. i.) To wind itself cylindrically or spirally; to form a coil; to wind; -- often with about or around.
- (v. t.) To encircle and hold with, or as with, coils.
• CoiledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Coil