Collapsing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CollapsingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Collapse
• CollapseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To fall together suddenly, as the sides of a hollow vessel; to close by falling or shrinking together; to have the sides or parts of (a thing) fall in together, or be crushed in together; as, a flue in the boiler of a steam engine sometimes collapses.
- (n.) A sudden and complete failure; an utter failure of any kind; a breakdown.
- (n.) A falling together suddenly, as of the sides of a hollow vessel.
- (v. i.) To fail suddenly and completely, like something hollow when subject to too much pressure; to undergo a collapse; as, Maximilians government collapsed soon after the French army left Mexico; many financial projects collapse after attaining some success and importance.
- (n.) Extreme depression or sudden failing of all the vital powers, as the result of disease, injury, or nervous disturbance.