Collation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CollationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) The gathering and examination of sheets preparatory to binding.
- (v. t.) The act of comparing the copy of any paper with its original to ascertain its conformity.
- (v. t.) The act of conferring or bestowing.
- (v. t.) A collection of the Lives of the Fathers or other devout work read daily in monasteries.
- (v. t.) The act of collating or comparing; a comparison of one copy er thing (as of a book, or manuscript) with another of a like kind; comparison, in general.
- (v. t.) A light repast or luncheon; as, a cold collation; -- first applied to the refreshment on fast days that accompanied the reading of the collation in monasteries.
- (v. t.) A conference.
- (v. t.) The presentation of a clergyman to a benefice by a bishop, who has it in his own gift.
- (v. t.) The report of the act made by the proper officers.
- (v. i.) To partake of a collation.
- (v. t.) The right which an heir has of throwing the whole heritable and movable estates of the deceased into one mass, and sharing it equally with others who are of the same degree of kindred.
• CollationerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who examines the sheets of a book that has just been printed, to ascertain whether they are correctly printed, paged, etc.