Companion Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CompanionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who accompanies or is in company with another for a longer or shorter period, either from choice or casually; one who is much in the company of, or is associated with, another or others; an associate; a comrade; a consort; a partner.
- (n.) A wooden hood or penthouse covering the companion way; a companion hatch.
- (v. t.) To be a companion to; to attend on; to accompany.
- (n.) A knight of the lowest rank in certain orders; as, a companion of the Bath.
- (n.) A fellow; -- in contempt.
- (v. t.) To qualify as a companion; to make equal.
- (n.) A skylight on an upper deck with frames and sashes of various shapes, to admit light to a cabin or lower deck.
• CompanionableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Fitted to be a companion; fit for good fellowship; agreeable; sociable.