Compounded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CompoundedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Compound
• CompoundDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which is compounded or formed by the union or mixture of elements ingredients, or parts; a combination of simples; a compound word; the result of composition.
- (v. t.) To settle amicably; to adjust by agreement; to compromise; to discharge from obligation upon terms different from those which were stipulated; as, to compound a debt.
- (v. t.) To form or make by combining different elements, ingredients, or parts; as, to compound a medicine.
- (n.) A union of two or more ingredients in definite proportions by weight, so combined as to form a distinct substance; as, water is a compound of oxygen and hydrogen.
- (v. t.) To compose; to constitute.
- (v. t.) Composed of two or more elements, ingredients, parts; produced by the union of several ingredients, parts, or things; composite; as, a compound word.
- (v. t.) To modify or change by combination with some other thing or part; to mingle with something else.
- (v. t.) To put together, as elements, ingredients, or parts, in order to form a whole; to combine, mix, or unite.
- (n.) In the East Indies, an inclosure containing a house, outbuildings, etc.
- (v. i.) To effect a composition; to come to terms of agreement; to agree; to settle by a compromise; -- usually followed by with before the person participating, and for before the thing compounded or the consideration.