Condition Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConditionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Essential quality; property; attribute.
- (n.) Mode or state of being; state or situation with regard to external circumstances or influences, or to physical or mental integrity, health, strength, etc.; predicament; rank; position, estate.
- (n.) To invest with, or limit by, conditions; to burden or qualify by a condition; to impose or be imposed as the condition of.
- (n.) To test or assay, as silk (to ascertain the proportion of moisture it contains).
- (n.) To contract; to stipulate; to agree.
- (n.) Temperament; disposition; character.
- (v. i.) To impose upon an object those relations or conditions without which knowledge and thought are alleged to be impossible.
- (n.) A clause in a contract, or agreement, which has for its object to suspend, to defeat, or in some way to modify, the principal obligation; or, in case of a will, to suspend, revoke, or modify a devise or bequest. It is also the case of a future uncertain event, which may or may not happen, and on the occurrence or non-occurrence of which, the accomplishment, recission, or modification of an obligation or testamentary disposition is made to depend.
- (n.) To put under conditions; to require to pass a new examination or to make up a specified study, as a condition of remaining in ones class or in college; as, to condition a student who has failed in some branch of study.
- (v. i.) To make terms; to stipulate.
- (n.) That which must exist as the occasion or concomitant of something else; that which is requisite in order that something else should take effect; an essential qualification; stipulation; terms specified.
- (n.) train; acclimate.
• ConditionedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Condition
- (a.) Surrounded; circumstanced; in a certain state or condition, as of property or health; as, a well conditioned man.
- (a.) Having, or known under or by, conditions or relations; not independent; not absolute.
• ConditionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A conditional word, mode, or proposition.
- (a.) Containing, implying, or depending on, a condition or conditions; not absolute; made or granted on certain terms; as, a conditional promise.
- (n.) A limitation.
- (a.) Expressing a condition or supposition; as, a conditional word, mode, or tense.