Cone Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To render cone-shaped; to bevel like the circular segment of a cone; as, to cone the tires of car wheels.
- (n.) A solid of the form described by the revolution of a right-angled triangle about one of the sides adjacent to the right angle; -- called also a right cone. More generally, any solid having a vertical point and bounded by a surface which is described by a straight line always passing through that vertical point; a solid having a circle for its base and tapering to a point or vertex.
- (n.) The fruit or strobile of the Coniferae, as of the pine, fir, cedar, and cypress. It is composed of woody scales, each one of which has one or two seeds at its base.
- (n.) A shell of the genus Conus, having a conical form.
- (n.) Anything shaped more or less like a mathematical cone; as, a volcanic cone, a collection of scoriae around the crater of a volcano, usually heaped up in a conical form.
• ConepateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Alt. of Conepatl
• ConeineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Conine.