Confess Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConfessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To acknowledge; to admit; to concede.
- (v. i.) To make confession; to disclose sins or faults, or the state of the conscience.
- (v. t.) To admit as true; to assent to; to acknowledge, as after a previous doubt, denial, or concealment.
- (v. t.) To make acknowledgment or avowal in a matter pertaining to ones self; to acknowledge, own, or admit, as a crime, a fault, a debt.
- (v. t.) To disclose or reveal, as an effect discloses its cause; to prove; to attest.
- (v. t.) To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- (v. t.) To hear or receive such confession; -- said of a priest.
- (v. t.) To make known or acknowledge, as ones sins to a priest, in order to receive absolution; -- sometimes followed by the reflexive pronoun.
• ConfessionalistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A priest hearing, or sitting to hear, confession.
• ConfessaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who makes a confession.