Confession Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConfessionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An admission by a party to whom an act is imputed, in relation to such act. A judicial confession settles the issue to which it applies; an extrajudical confession may be explained or rebutted.
- (n.) Acknowledgment of belief; profession of ones faith.
- (n.) The act of disclosing sins or faults to a priest in order to obtain sacramental absolution.
- (n.) Acknowledgment; avowal, especially in a matter pertaining to ones self; the admission of a debt, obligation, or crime.
- (n.) A formulary in which the articles of faith are comprised; a creed to be assented to or signed, as a preliminary to admission to membership of a church; a confession of faith.
• ConfessionalismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An exaggerated estimate of the importance of giving full assent to any particular formula of the Christian faith.