Confirm Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConfirmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To render valid by formal assent; to complete by a necessary sanction; to ratify; as, to confirm the appoinment of an official; the Senate confirms a treaty.
- (v. t.) To make firm or firmer; to add strength to; to establish; as, health is confirmed by exercise.
- (v. t.) To administer the rite of confirmation to. See Confirmation, 3.
- (v. t.) To strengthen in judgment or purpose.
- (v. t.) To give new assurance of the truth of; to render certain; to verify; to corroborate; as, to confirm a rumor.
• ConfirmanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Confirmation.