Contempt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ContemptDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An act or expression denoting contempt.
- (n.) The state of being despised; disgrace; shame.
- (n.) The act of contemning or despising; the feeling with which one regards that which is esteemed mean, vile, or worthless; disdain; scorn.
- (n.) Disobedience of the rules, orders, or process of a court of justice, or of rules or orders of a legislative body; disorderly, contemptuous, or insolent language or behavior in presence of a court, tending to disturb its proceedings, or impair the respect due to its authority.
• ContemptuouslyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a contemptuous manner; with scorn or disdain; despitefully.