Contesting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ContestingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Contest
• ContestDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Earnest dispute; strife in argument; controversy; debate; altercation.
- (v. t.) To make a subject of litigation; to defend, as a suit; to dispute or resist; as a claim, by course of law; to controvert.
- (n.) Earnest struggle for superiority, victory, defense, etc.; competition; emulation; strife in arms; conflict; combat; encounter.
- (v. i.) To engage in contention, or emulation; to contend; to strive; to vie; to emulate; -- followed usually by with.
- (v. t.) To make a subject of dispute, contention, litigation, or emulation; to contend for; to call in question; to controvert; to oppose; to dispute.
- (v. t.) To strive earnestly to hold or maintain; to struggle to defend; as, the troops contested every inch of ground.
• ContestinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a contending manner.