Continue Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ContinueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To carry onward or extend; to prolong or produce; to add to or draw out in length.
- (v. i.) To be steadfast or constant in any course; to persevere; to abide; to endure; to persist; to keep up or maintain a particular condition, course, or series of actions; as, the army continued to advance.
- (v. i.) To remain in a given place or condition; to remain in connection with; to abide; to stay.
- (v. t.) To retain; to suffer or cause to remain; as, the trustees were continued; also, to suffer to live.
- (v. t.) To protract or extend in duration; to preserve or persist in; to cease not.
- (v. i.) To be permanent or durable; to endure; to last.
- (v. t.) To unite; to connect.
• ContinuedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Continuously.
• ContinuedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Continue
- (p. p. & a.) Having extension of time, space, order of events, exertion of energy, etc.; extended; protracted; uninterrupted; also, resumed after interruption; extending through a succession of issues, session, etc.; as, a continued story.