Convey Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConveyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To accompany; to convoy.
- (v. t.) To carry from one place to another; to bear or transport.
- (v. t.) To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- (v. t.) To transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (Law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing.
- (v. i.) To play the thief; to steal.
- (v. t.) To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- (v. t.) To cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- (v. t.) To impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information.
• ConveyanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act by which the title to property, esp. real estate, is transferred; transfer of ownership; an instrument in writing (as a deed or mortgage), by which the title to property is conveyed from one person to another.
- (n.) The act of conveying, carrying, or transporting; carriage.
- (n.) Dishonest management, or artifice.
- (n.) The act or process of transferring, transmitting, handing down, or communicating; transmission.
- (n.) The instrument or means of carrying or transporting anything from place to place; the vehicle in which, or means by which, anything is carried from one place to another; as, stagecoaches, omnibuses, etc., are conveyances; a canal or aqueduct is a conveyance for water.
• ConveyedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Convey