Convoy Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConvoyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel or fleet, or a train or trains of wagons, employed in the transportation of munitions of war, money, subsistence, clothing, etc., and having an armed escort.
- (n.) A drag or brake applied to the wheels of a carriage, to check their velocity in going down a hill.
- (n.) Conveyance; means of transportation.
- (v. t.) To accompany for protection, either by sea or land; to attend for protection; to escort; as, a frigate convoys a merchantman.
- (n.) A protection force accompanying ships, etc., on their way from place to place, by sea or land; an escort, for protection or guidance.
- (n.) The act of attending for defense; the state of being so attended; protection; escort.
• ConvoyedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Convoy