Countersinking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CountersinkingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Countersink
• CountersinkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A drill or cutting tool for countersinking holes.
- (n.) An enlargement of the upper part of a hole, forming a cavity or depression for receiving the head of a screw or bolt.
- (v. t.) To chamfer or form a depression around the top of (a hole in wood, metal, etc.) for the reception of the head of a screw or bolt below the surface, either wholly or in part; as, to countersink a hole for a screw.
- (v. t.) To cause to sink even with or below the surface; as, to countersink a screw or bolt into woodwork.