Couped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoupedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Cut off smoothly, as distinguished from erased; -- used especially for the head or limb of an animal. See Erased.
• CoupDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sudden stroke; an unexpected device or stratagem; -- a term used in various ways to convey the idea of promptness and force.
- (n.) Among some tribes of North American Indians, the act of striking or touching an enemy in warfare with the hand or at close quarters, as with a short stick, in such a manner as by custom to entitle the doer to count the deed an act of bravery; hence, any of various other deeds recognized by custom as acts of bravery or honor.
- (n.) A single roll of the wheel at roulette, or a deal at rouge et noir.
- (v. i.) To make a coup.
• CoupeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A four-wheeled close carriage for two persons inside, with an outside seat for the driver; -- so called because giving the appearance of a larger carriage cut off.
- (n.) The front compartment of a French diligence; also, the front compartment (usually for three persons) of a car or carriage on British railways.