Cranked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrankedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Formed with, or having, a bend or crank; as, a cranked axle.
• CrankDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person full of crotchets; one given to fantastic or impracticable projects; one whose judgment is perverted in respect to a particular matter.
- (n.) Sick; infirm.
- (n.) Full of spirit; brisk; lively; sprightly; overconfident; opinionated.
- (n.) A bent portion of an axle, or shaft, or an arm keyed at right angles to the end of a shaft, by which motion is imparted to or received from it; also used to change circular into reciprocating motion, or reciprocating into circular motion. See Bell crank.
- (n.) Any bend, turn, or winding, as of a passage.
- (n.) A sick person; an invalid.
- (n.) Liable to careen or be overset, as a ship when she is too narrow, or has not sufficient ballast, or is loaded too high, to carry full sail.
- (n.) A twist or turn in speech; a conceit consisting in a change of the form or meaning of a word.
- (n.) A twist or turn of the mind; caprice; whim; crotchet; also, a fit of temper or passion.
- (n.) To run with a winding course; to double; to crook; to wind and turn.