Cream Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CreamDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form or become covered with cream; to become thick like cream; to assume the appearance of cream; hence, to grow stiff or formal; to mantle.
- (n.) The rich, oily, and yellowish part of milk, which, when the milk stands unagitated, rises, and collects on the surface. It is the part of milk from which butter is obtained.
- (v. t.) To furnish with, or as with, cream.
- (v. t.) To skim, or take off by skimming, as cream.
- (n.) The part of any liquor that rises, and collects on the surface.
- (v. t.) To take off the best or choicest part of.
- (n.) A delicacy of several kinds prepared for the table from cream, etc., or so as to resemble cream.
- (n.) A cosmetic; a creamlike medicinal preparation.
- (n.) The best or choicest part of a thing; the quintessence; as, the cream of a jest or story; the cream of a collection of books or pictures.
• CreamingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cream