Crook Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrookDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A bishops staff of office. Cf. Pastoral staff.
- (n.) To turn from a straight line; to bend; to curve.
- (n.) A person given to fraudulent practices; an accomplice of thieves, forgers, etc.
- (n.) An artifice; trick; tricky device; subterfuge.
- (n.) A small tube, usually curved, applied to a trumpet, horn, etc., to change its pitch or key.
- (n.) The staff used by a shepherd, the hook of which serves to hold a runaway sheep.
- (n.) Any implement having a bent or crooked end.
- (n.) To turn from the path of rectitude; to pervert; to misapply; to twist.
- (n.) A bend, turn, or curve; curvature; flexure.
- (n.) A pothook.
- (v. i.) To bend; to curve; to wind; to have a curvature.
• CrookackDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Hunched.