Crows Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrowsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) A tribe of Indians of the Dakota stock, living in Montana; -- also called Upsarokas.
• CrowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A bar of iron with a beak, crook, or claw; a bar of iron used as a lever; a crowbar.
- (v. i.) To shout in exultation or defiance; to brag.
- (v. i.) The cry of the cock. See Crow, v. i., 1.
- (v. i.) To make the shrill sound characteristic of a cock, either in joy, gayety, or defiance.
- (v. i.) The mesentery of a beast; -- so called by butchers.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure.
- (v. i.) A bird, usually black, of the genus Corvus, having a strong conical beak, with projecting bristles. It has a harsh, croaking note. See Caw.
• Crows-feetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Crows-foot
• Crows-nestDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A box or perch near the top of a mast, esp. in whalers, to shelter the man on the lookout.