Crude Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrudeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Undigested; unconcocted; not brought into a form to give nourishment.
- (superl.) Having, or displaying, superficial and undigested knowledge; without culture or profundity; as, a crude reasoner.
- (superl.) Not reduced to order or form; unfinished; not arranged or prepared; ill-considered; immature.
- (superl.) Unripe; not mature or perfect; immature.
- (superl.) In its natural state; not cooked or prepared by fire or heat; undressed; not altered, refined, or prepared for use by any artificial process; raw; as, crude flesh.
- (superl.) Harsh and offensive, as a color; tawdry or in bad taste, as a combination of colors, or any design or work of art.
• CrudenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A crude, undigested, or unprepared state; rawness; unripeness; immatureness; unfitness for a destined use or purpose; as, the crudeness of iron ore; crudeness of theories or plans.