Cuniform Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CuniformDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The wedge-shaped characters used in ancient Persian and Assyrian inscriptions.
- (n.) One of the carpal bones usually articulating with the ulna; -- called also pyramidal and ulnare.
- (a.) Wedge-shaped; as, a cuneiform bone; -- especially applied to the wedge-shaped or arrowheaded characters of ancient Persian and Assyrian inscriptions. See Arrowheaded.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or versed in, the ancient wedge-shaped characters, or the inscriptions in them.
- (n.) One of the three tarsal bones supporting the first, second third metatarsals. They are usually designated as external, middle, and internal, or ectocuniform, mesocuniform, and entocuniform, respectively.