Curbing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CurbingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Curb
• CurbDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A swelling on the back part of the hind leg of a horse, just behind the lowest part of the hock joint, generally causing lameness.
- (n.) A frame or wall round the mouth of a well; also, a frame within a well to prevent the earth caving in.
- (n.) That which curbs, restrains, or subdues; a check or hindrance; esp., a chain or strap attached to the upper part of the branches of a bit, and capable of being drawn tightly against the lower jaw of the horse.
- (n.) A curbstone.
- (v. i.) To bend; to crouch; to cringe.
- (v. t.) To guide and manage, or restrain, as with a curb; to bend to ones will; to subject; to subdue; to restrain; to confine; to keep in check.
- (n.) An assemblage of three or more pieces of timber, or a metal member, forming a frame around an opening, and serving to maintain the integrity of that opening; also, a ring of stone serving a similar purpose, as at the eye of a dome.
- (v. t.) To bend or curve
- (v. t.) To furnish wich a curb, as a well; also, to restrain by a curb, as a bank of earth.