Cured Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CuredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cure
• CurDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A worthless, snarling fellow; -- used in contempt.
- (n.) A mongrel or inferior dog.
• CureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To set free from (something injurious or blameworthy), as from a bad habit.
- (n.) Spiritual charge; care of soul; the office of a parish priest or of a curate; hence, that which is committed to the charge of a parish priest or of a curate; a curacy; as, to resign a cure; to obtain a cure.
- (n.) Care, heed, or attention.
- (v. i.) To restore health; to effect a cure.
- (n.) Act of healing or state of being healed; restoration to health from disease, or to soundness after injury.
- (n.) Means of the removal of disease or evil; that which heals; a remedy; a restorative.
- (v. t.) To prepare for preservation or permanent keeping; to preserve, as by drying, salting, etc.; as, to cure beef or fish; to cure hay.
- (v. t.) To subdue or remove by remedial means; to remedy; to remove; to heal; -- said of a malady.
- (v. i.) To become healed.
- (n.) Medical or hygienic care; remedial treatment of disease; a method of medical treatment; as, to use the water cure.
- (v. i.) To pay heed; to care; to give attention.
- (n.) A curate; a pardon.
- (v. t.) To heal; to restore to health, soundness, or sanity; to make well; -- said of a patient.
- () Treatment of disease by forms of hydrotherapy, as walking barefoot in the morning dew, baths, wet compresses, cold affusions, etc.; -- so called from its originator, Sebastian Kneipp (1821-97), a German priest.