Cycloid Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CycloidDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the Cycloidei.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Cycloidei.
- (n.) A curve generated by a point in the plane of a circle when the circle is rolled along a straight line, keeping always in the same plane.
• CycloideiDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) An order of fishes, formerly proposed by Agassiz, for those with thin, smooth scales, destitute of marginal spines, as the herring and salmon. The group is now regarded as artificial.
• CycloidalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, a cycloid; as, the cycloidal space is the space contained between a cycloid and its base.