Damp Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DampDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Being in a state between dry and wet; moderately wet; moist; humid.
- (superl.) Dejected; depressed; sunk.
- (n.) To put out, as fire; to depress or deject; to deaden; to cloud; to check or restrain, as action or vigor; to make dull; to weaken; to discourage.
- (n.) To render damp; to moisten; to make humid, or moderately wet; to dampen; as, to damp cloth.
- (n.) Moisture; humidity; fog; fogginess; vapor.
- (n.) Dejection; depression; cloud of the mind.
- (n.) A gaseous product, formed in coal mines, old wells, pints, etc.
• Damp offDefinition & Meaning in English
- () To decay and perish through excessive moisture.
• DampenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make damp or moist; to make slightly wet.
- (v. t.) To depress; to check; to make dull; to lessen.
- (v. i.) To become damp; to deaden.