Dart Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DartDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To throw suddenly or rapidly; to send forth; to emit; to shoot; as, the sun darts forth his beams.
- (n.) Anything resembling a dart; anything that pierces or wounds like a dart.
- (n.) A pointed missile weapon, intended to be thrown by the hand; a short lance; a javelin; hence, any sharp-pointed missile weapon, as an arrow.
- (v. i.) To start and run with velocity; to shoot rapidly along; as, the deer darted from the thicket.
- (n.) A spear set as a prize in running.
- (v. t.) To throw with a sudden effort or thrust, as a dart or other missile weapon; to hurl or launch.
- (n.) A fish; the dace. See Dace.
- (v. i.) To fly or pass swiftly, as a dart.
• DartoidDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Like the dartos; dartoic; as, dartoid tissue.