Deaden Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DeadenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To deprive of gloss or brilliancy; to obscure; as, to deaden gilding by a coat of size.
- (a.) To lessen the velocity or momentum of; to retard; as, to deaden a ships headway.
- (a.) To make vapid or spiritless; as, to deaden wine.
- (a.) To make as dead; to impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation; to lessen the force or acuteness of; to blunt; as, to deaden the natural powers or feelings; to deaden a sound.
- (v. t.) To render impervious to sound, as a wall or floor; to deafen.
• DeadeningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Deaden