Debate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DebateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Contention in words or arguments; discussion for the purpose of elucidating truth or influencing action; strife in argument; controversy; as, the debates in Parliament or in Congress.
- (v. t.) To engage in combat for; to strive for.
- (v. t.) Subject of discussion.
- (v. i.) To engage in strife or combat; to fight.
- (v. t.) A fight or fighting; contest; strife.
- (v. i.) To contend in words; to dispute; hence, to deliberate; to consider; to discuss or examine different arguments in the mind; -- often followed by on or upon.
- (v. t.) To contend for in words or arguments; to strive to maintain by reasoning; to dispute; to contest; to discuss; to argue for and against.
• DebatefulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Full of contention; contentious; quarrelsome.