Declension Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DeclensionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A falling off towards a worse state; a downward tendency; deterioration; decay; as, the declension of virtue, of science, of a state, etc.
- (n.) Inflection of nouns, adjectives, etc., according to the grammatical cases.
- (n.) Act of courteously refusing; act of declining; a declinature; refusal; as, the declension of a nomination.
- () The form of the inflection of a word declined by cases; as, the first or the second declension of nouns, adjectives, etc.
- (n.) Rehearsing a word as declined.
- (n.) The act or the state of declining; declination; descent; slope.
• DeclensionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Belonging to declension.