Decoyed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DecoyedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Decoy
• DecoyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A place into which wild fowl, esp. ducks, are enticed in order to take or shoot them.
- (v. t.) To lead into danger by artifice; to lure into a net or snare; to entrap; to insnare; to allure; to entice; as, to decoy troops into an ambush; to decoy ducks into a net.
- (n.) A fowl, or the likeness of one, used by sportsmen to entice other fowl into a net or within shot.
- (n.) A person employed by officers of justice, or parties exposed to injury, to induce a suspected person to commit an offense under circumstances that will lead to his detection.
- (n.) Anything intended to lead into a snare; a lure that deceives and misleads into danger, or into the power of an enemy; a bait.