Decussate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DecussateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cross at an acute angle; to cut or divide in the form of X; to intersect; -- said of lines in geometrical figures, rays of light, nerves, etc.
- (a.) Alt. of Decussated
• DecussatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Crossed; intersected.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Decussate
- (a.) Consisting of two rising and two falling clauses, placed in alternate opposition to each other; as, a decussated period.
- (a.) Growing in pairs, each of which is at right angles to the next pair above or below; as, decussated leaves or branches.