Deluge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DelugeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Fig.: Anything which overwhelms, or causes great destruction.
- (v. t.) To overflow with water; to inundate; to overwhelm.
- (n.) A washing away; an overflowing of the land by water; an inundation; a flood; specifically, The Deluge, the great flood in the days of Noah (Gen. vii.).
- (v. t.) To overwhelm, as with a deluge; to cover; to overspread; to overpower; to submerge; to destroy; as, the northern nations deluged the Roman empire with their armies; the land is deluged with woe.
• DelugedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Deluge