Deposited Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DepositedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Deposit
• DepositDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To lay aside; to rid ones self of.
- (v. t.) That which is placed anywhere, or in any ones hands, for safe keeping; something intrusted to the care of another; esp., money lodged with a bank or banker, subject to order; anything given as pledge or security.
- (v. t.) A place of deposit; a depository.
- (n.) To lay down; to place; to put; to let fall or throw down (as sediment); as, a crocodile deposits her eggs in the sand; the waters deposited a rich alluvium.
- (n.) To lay up or away for safe keeping; to put up; to store; as, to deposit goods in a warehouse.
- (v. t.) A bailment of money or goods to be kept gratuitously for the bailor.
- (v. t.) A natural occurrence of a useful mineral under the conditions to invite exploitation.
- (v. t.) Money lodged with a party as earnest or security for the performance of a duty assumed by the person depositing.
- (n.) To lodge in some ones hands for safe keeping; to commit to the custody of another; to intrust; esp., to place in a bank, as a sum of money subject to order.
- (v. t.) That which is deposited, or laid or thrown down; as, a deposit in a flue; especially, matter precipitated from a solution (as the siliceous deposits of hot springs), or that which is mechanically deposited (as the mud, gravel, etc., deposits of a river).