Depressing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DepressingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Depress
• DepressDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cast a gloom upon; to sadden; as, his spirits were depressed.
- (v. t.) To bring down or humble; to abase, as pride.
- (v. t.) To lessen in price; to cause to decline in value; to cheapen; to depreciate.
- (v. t.) To press down; to cause to sink; to let fall; to lower; as, to depress the muzzle of a gun; to depress the eyes.
- (a.) Having the middle lower than the border; concave.
- (v. t.) To lessen the activity of; to make dull; embarrass, as trade, commerce, etc.
- (v. t.) To reduce (an equation) in a lower degree.
• DepressinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a depressing manner.