Derivation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DerivationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The operation of deducing one function from another according to some fixed law, called the law of derivation, as the of differentiation or of integration.
- (n.) A leading or drawing off of water from a stream or source.
- (n.) The state or method of being derived; the relation of origin when established or asserted.
- (n.) A drawing of humors or fluids from one part of the body to another, to relieve or lessen a morbid process.
- (n.) The act of tracing origin or descent, as in grammar or genealogy; as, the derivation of a word from an Aryan root.
- (n.) The act of receiving anything from a source; the act of procuring an effect from a cause, means, or condition, as profits from capital, conclusions or opinions from evidence.
- (n.) That from which a thing is derived.
- (n.) That which is derived; a derivative; a deduction.
- (n.) The formation of a word from its more original or radical elements; also, a statement of the origin and history of a word.
• DerivationalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Relating to derivation.