Desire Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DesireDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To miss; to regret.
- (v. t.) An expressed wish; a request; petition.
- (v. t.) Excessive or morbid longing; lust; appetite.
- (v. t.) Grief; regret.
- (v. t.) To require; to demand; to claim.
- (v. t.) To long for; to wish for earnestly; to covet.
- (v. t.) To express a wish for; to entreat; to request.
- (v. t.) The natural longing that is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of any good, and impels to action or effort its continuance or possession; an eager wish to obtain or enjoy.
- (v. t.) Anything which is desired; an object of longing.
• DesirefulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Filled with desire; eager.
• DesirelessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Free from desire.