Determine Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DetermineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To bring to a conclusion, as a question or controversy; to settle authoritative or judicial sentence; to decide; as, the court has determined the cause.
- (v. t.) To ascertain definitely; to find out the specific character or name of; to assign to its true place in a system; as, to determine an unknown or a newly discovered plant or its name.
- (v. t.) To define or limit by adding a differentia.
- (v. t.) To fix the boundaries of; to mark off and separate.
- (v. t.) To fix the course of; to impel and direct; -- with a remoter object preceded by to; as, anothers will determined me to this course.
- (v. t.) To set bounds to; to fix the determination of; to limit; to bound; to bring to an end; to finish.
- (v. t.) To ascertain the presence, quantity, or amount of; as, to determine the parallax; to determine the salt in sea water.
- (v. t.) To fix the form or character of; to shape; to prescribe imperatively; to regulate; to settle.
- (v. i.) To come to a decision; to decide; to resolve; -- often with on.
- (v. t.) To resolve on; to have a fixed intention of; also, to cause to come to a conclusion or decision; to lead; as, this determined him to go immediately.
- (v. i.) To come to an end; to end; to terminate.
• DeterminedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a determined manner; with determination.