Differenced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DifferencedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Difference
• DifferenceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An addition to a coat of arms to distinguish the bearings of two persons, which would otherwise be the same. See Augmentation, and Marks of cadency, under Cadency.
- (n.) The quality or attribute which is added to those of the genus to constitute a species; a differentia.
- (n.) The act of differing; the state or measure of being different or unlike; distinction; dissimilarity; unlikeness; variation; as, a difference of quality in paper; a difference in degrees of heat, or of light; what is the difference between the innocent and the guilty?
- (n.) That by which one thing differs from another; that which distinguishes or causes to differ; mark of distinction; characteristic quality; specific attribute.
- (v. t.) To cause to differ; to make different; to mark as different; to distinguish.
- (n.) Disagreement in opinion; dissension; controversy; quarrel; hence, cause of dissension; matter in controversy.
- (n.) Choice; preference.
- (n.) The quantity by which one quantity differs from another, or the remainder left after subtracting the one from the other.