Dingdong Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DingdongDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The sound of, or as of, repeated strokes on a metallic body, as a bell; a repeated and monotonous sound.
- (n.) An attachment to a clock by which the quarter hours are struck upon bells of different tones.
• Dingdong theoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The theory which maintains that the primitive elements of language are reflex expressions induced by sensory impressions; that is, as stated by Max Muller, the creative faculty gave to each general conception as it thrilled for the first time through the brain a phonetic expression; -- jocosely so called from the analogy of the sound of a bell induced by the stroke of the clapper.