Discounted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DiscountedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Discount
• DiscountDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) To deduct from an account, debt, charge, and the like; to make an abatement of; as, merchants sometimes discount five or six per cent for prompt payment of bills.
- (v.) To take into consideration beforehand; to anticipate and form conclusions concerning (an event).
- (v. i.) To lend, or make a practice of lending, money, abating the discount; as, the discount for sixty or ninety days.
- (v. t.) A deduction made for interest, in advancing money upon, or purchasing, a bill or note not due; payment in advance of interest upon money.
- (v. t.) A counting off or deduction made from a gross sum on any account whatever; an allowance upon an account, debt, demand, price asked, and the like; something taken or deducted.
- (v. t.) The rate of interest charged in discounting.
- (v.) To lend money upon, deducting the discount or allowance for interest; as, the banks discount notes and bills of exchange.
- (v.) To leave out of account; to take no notice of.