Disgrace Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DisgraceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To do disfavor to; to bring reproach or shame upon; to dishonor; to treat or cover with ignominy; to lower in estimation.
- (n.) That which brings dishonor; cause of shame or reproach; great discredit; as, vice is a disgrace to a rational being.
- (n.) An act of unkindness; a disfavor.
- (n.) The state of being dishonored, or covered with shame; dishonor; shame; ignominy.
- (n.) To put out favor; to dismiss with dishonor.
- (n.) The condition of being out of favor; loss of favor, regard, or respect.
- (n.) To treat discourteously; to upbraid; to revile.
• DisgracefulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Bringing disgrace; causing shame; shameful; dishonorable; unbecoming; as, profaneness is disgraceful to a man.