Doomed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DoomedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Doom
• DoomDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To pronounce sentence or judgment on; to condemn; to consign by a decree or sentence; to sentence; as, a criminal doomed to chains or death.
- (v. t.) Discriminating opinion or judgment; discrimination; discernment; decision.
- (v. t.) That to which one is doomed or sentenced; destiny or fate, esp. unhappy destiny; penalty.
- (v. t.) To ordain as penalty; hence, to mulct or fine.
- (v. t.) To judge; to estimate or determine as a judge.
- (v. t.) To assess a tax upon, by estimate or at discretion.
- (v. t.) Judgment; judicial sentence; penal decree; condemnation.
- (v. t.) To destine; to fix irrevocably the destiny or fate of; to appoint, as by decree or by fate.
- (v. t.) Ruin; death.